Back in June 2017, I started the Bayou Region Foster & Adoptive Parent Association in the Thibodaux Region 4 area when I saw the lack of support for the foster families in the area. We support the parishes of Lafourche, Terrebonne, Assumption, St. Charles, St. James, St. John & Ascension. Our mission is to empower foster/adoptive parents & the children in their care by providing communication, support, training, and advocacy services. We know that foster/adoptive parents are the best advocates for these children and we fully support and serve them and we want to continue to strengthen the bond our families have.
- All children and families shall be treated with dignity and respect.
- Foster and adoptive parents will provide a safe, nurturing environment for Louisiana’s children.
- We will promote respectful relationships between biological, foster, adoptive families, and the DCFS agency.
- All biological, foster and adoptive parents need and deserve support in parenting children and youth
- We will help provide and encourage training and education of foster and adoptive parents.
- Foster and adoptive parents are the best advocates for the children and families we serve
- We promise to have a financially viable and accountable.
By becoming a member of the association, you will have special benefits! We decided not to charge dues but each family must fill out a membership form at http://www.bayouregionfapa.org/membership. Once we received your form and verify your information through the Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS), we will then add you to our members only Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/bayouregionfapa/ Your may request membership, but please be advised you will not be accepted unless you answer all questions on the sign up page, you fill out a membership form and we can verify you are a foster family through DCFS or verify you have had a private adoption. This is to keep all children and families safe. If you are feeling generous and would like to help out to cover cost to keep the association running since we are a non-profit, we do accept donations. We accept cash, check, money order, PayPal, credit cards, Zelle, & Venmo to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do verify all members with the Department of Children and Family Services, so please be aware that we will be required to contact your HD worker.
Some of the benefit of membership may include:
- SUPPORT – With: difficult placements, grief & loss, during transitional periods, with court & adoption process, for foster/adoptive children opportunities to be involved with others who are going through the same stages and life experiences.
- MENTORSHIP/ADVOCACY – To offer: tutoring services, support groups, help to identify and work on resolutions to common system problems & issues, to help by achieving & maintaining the QPI for quality caregivers for foster/adoptive children.
- TRAINING – We are here to ensure quality care giving by making foster/adoptive parents aware of ongoing changes to local & state licensing regulations and to ensure foster parents received their in-service training hours each year!
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call 985-803-8099. We would be more than happy to assist you!
BRFAPA Vice President
P.S. We would love to invite you to join us at one of our meetings! Our 2020 schedule is Jan 26, April 26, July 26 & Oct 25 at 2:30pm at North Branch Library in Gray.